As you’re about to enter the Digital Marketing Industry, you may have some queries about it.
Like Who is Digital Marketer, and what digital marketers’ roles, duties, and responsibilities are.
What are the future career opportunities and prospects?
What is the minimum qualification to apply for Digital Marketing Courses? And many more such queries.
As indicated by the US Government, the digital economy is growing 10X speedier than the conventional economy. Overall employment of advertising, promotions, and marketing managers is projected to grow 10 percent from 2021 to 2031, faster than the average for all occupations which will generate multiple job opportunities by the end of 2023.
To ensure a successful future in Digital Marketing, the best job opportunity that is gaining prevalence and companies prefer to hire and pay well is – Digital Marketing Executive.
Before going into the details of the Digital Marketing Executive Job Description, let’s first understand what a Digital Marketing Professional is!
Digital Marketing Executive
Table of Contents
- Digital Marketing Executive
- Who is a Digital Marketing Executive
- Differences in Roles of Digital Marketing Executive and Digital Marketing Manager
- Digital Marketing Executive Qualification and Requirements
- 4 Key Skills required for being a Digital Marketing Executive
- Benefits of being a Digital Marketing Executive
- Working Hours of Digital Marketer: 30-40 Hrs/Week
- The Scope of a Career in Digital Marketing
- Average Salary of a beginner in Digital Marketing
- How can you learn Digital Marketing?
- 1. What is the job of a digital marketer?
- 2. What is a Digital Marketing Executive?
- 3. Is a digital marketing executive a good job?
- 4. What job qualification is required for a digital marketing executive?
- 5. What to include in a digital marketing executive CV?
- 6. What are the common digital marketing executive interview questions?
- 7. Where can you find digital marketing executive jobs for freshers?
- 8. What are the key skills required for this job?
Who is a Digital Marketing Executive
- A Digital Marketing Executive is responsible to support the digital marketing team in the planning, execution, and optimization of digital marketing strategies.
- DM executive profiles can be understood: as the person offering a special online deal to target potential clients through Search Engines, Social Media, Email, or by making a Viral Campaign that gets your prospects aware of your brand and can generate leads.
- Online Marketing Executives could likewise be working for Businesses or Independently who need to widespread a message across online marketing platforms.
What are Digital Marketing Executive duties and responsibilities?
- Promotion of a business’s ideas, products, administrations, or thoughts on online platforms.
- Utilization of the Internet and other marketing channels to target new clients and increase conversions.
- Planning of internet marketing campaigns, analysis of competitors’ marketing strategies, and ability to use other effective marketing techniques
- Create a Digital Presence of the company, at every stage of buying journey of the prospective customer.
- Adept in handling data analytics and the latest marketing trends.
- Digital Marketing Executives work with the web, online networking, email, and comparable channels to build the brand image, popularity, and sales of a particular company.
- Digital/Online Marketing Executive, can work either full-time or part-time, as a freelancer or as a part of a team; handling internet marketing projects for several companies.
In case you’re inventive, enticing, and connected to the digital marketing world. Digital Marketing Executive profiles could be an incredible career choice for you.
Is Digital Marketing Executive Career right for you?
A Digital Marketing Executive must have the following skills:
- Good Communication Skills
- Have Knowledge of social media channels
- Can create marketing strategies.
- Team Player
- Can work in coordination with other team members.
If you possess all the above qualities you could make an awesome DM Executive Career.
10 Tips to Become a Digital Marketing Executive
|Have an eagerness to learn more & more||The digital marketing industry is both- highly competitive and fast-growing.
It’s simple for organizations to separate between applicants who have the eagerness to learn, and who are in the interest of personal entertainment.
This industry requires candidates with passion and a desire to learn more and more.
|Stay Updated with the latest Digital Marketing Trends||You have to be well-updated with the industry news by following major digital marketing sites and influencers on different social networks.
As significant players like Google, Facebook, and Twitter frequently change their paid promoting strategies and algorithms; you’re in for a wild ride on the off chance that you don’t let yourself updated with the latest digital marketing trends.
Some websites to know about digital marketing news are-
|Do effective result-oriented digital marketing networking||To be a successful Internet Marketing Executive, you need to encircle yourself with individuals more skilled than yourself.
The group you follow or are part of will be your ongoing support network when you keep running into issues, and help to open ways to circumstances you wouldn’t have generally found.
Go to industry conferences and meet-ups in your general vicinity to nurture associations with other marketing advertisers and upgrade your expertise set through in-depth digital marketing knowledge and training.
|Have skills to give a personal touch to your projects||Experiment with your own particular thoughts and don’t simply regard industry pioneers’ suggestions as the only applicable ways.
Everything isn’t generally black and white in the digital marketing industry as there are many possible practices between best practices that can aid you to get fruitful results in a more convenient and effective manner.
Each internet marketer ought to have personal projects to try out their own personal theories to increase the ranking of sites in SERPs.
You need to try your hand at numerous digital marketing disciplines- SEO, PPC, Social Media, Content Marketing, etc. And in addition, you need to have the capacity to take responsibility for the success or failure of your digital marketing strategy.
|Learn the digital marketing terminology & marketing communication||They should be aware of DM acronyms, for example, PPC, SEM, and SEO.
They are all altogether different terms with a misconception of them being similar, and that’s why you need to train yourself in all the different digital marketing channels and their specifications to be a successful Internet Marketing Executive.
Knowing marketing terminology and having convincing communication skills will aid you to grab fruitful digital marketing projects.
|Build your personal brand image||Present yourself as a digital marketing expert and have a visible online presence via Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
In the event that you need to show a business that you can assemble their organization’s online visibilities then you have to have an effective online presence.
Solid online branding could conceivably be the central deciding factor between two applicants who have connected for a digital marketing job.
|Know who is a T-Shaped Marketer||
The t-Shaped marketer is a term usually utilized by Rand Fishkin of Moz, it alludes to having a fundamental comprehension of different advertising disciplines yet represents considerable authority in maybe a couple of specific skills.It’s normal for organizations to discover applicants with a variety of DM skills as there’s a significant traverse between the different digital marketing channels.
|Get Nerdy and be as technology-driven as possible||Digital marketing needs professionals who are well-informed about new technologies.
You need to communicate with a team of developers, content marketers, graphic designers, etc. and that’s why being technology-driven will be a valuable asset for you to be a DM Executive.
Fundamental information about HTML and graphics would make you emerge a winner amongst the less technically sound candidates.
|Have the ability to analyze and utilize metrics||Knowing your CPC- Cost Per Click, CPA- Cost Per Action CPC, and other related metrics will aid you to be different and more attentive in-group meetings.
There are analytics tools that will aid you to have expertise in analyzing and utilizing metrics.
|Get trained and certified in Digital Marketing||In the event that you truly need to emerge from your companions in the business, getting certified in Digital Marketing is a must for Internet Marketing Executive profiles.
One of the issues confronting the digital marketing industry is that there are no boundaries to entry, implying that anybody with a little knowledge of digital marketing can possibly get a position in an organization, and that’s why being a certified digital marketing professional will help you ensure better jobs for you.
As the digital marketing industry matures, recruiters are being more savvy and peculiar about what separates a candidate to walk the talk and aid the company in the best possible manner.
To become a successful Internet Marketing Executive, it is must know the qualification, training, and certifications essential for such a job.
Differences in Roles of Digital Marketing Executive and Digital Marketing Manager
When it comes to digital marketing, the titles of digital marketing executive and digital marketing manager are often used interchangeably. However, there is a big difference between the two roles.
|Digital Marketing Executive||Digital Marketing Manager|
|Responsible for executing or contributing ideas that add value to specific aspects of digital marketing campaigns.||Responsible for the overall planning, managing, and execution of digital marketing campaigns.|
|To ensure that the approved marketing budget is being utilized appropriately.
Also, to work with the marketing manager to create effective marketing plans.
|Reviewing and reallocating marketing budgets as necessary.
Also, delegating tasks to the team.
|Work along with Digital Marketing Team||Manages the Digital Marketing Team|
|Reports to the Digital Marketing Manager||Reports to the Senior Digital Marketing Manager|
Digital Marketing Executive Qualification and Requirements
|School Qualifications||Professional Qualifications||Degree Qualifications|
|English||Digital Marketing Certification-Vskills (Govt. of India Initiative)||BSc Marketing|
|Business Studies||Google Ads Certification||BCA/MCA|
|Graphic Design||HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification||BA Digital Marketing|
|Media Studies||Email Marketing Certification||BSc Digital Media Development|
|IT Training||SEO Certification||BA Advertising Management and Digital Communications|
|Basic Programming Skills||Social Media Marketing Certification||BA Digital and Social Media Marketing|
|Hr Secondary Passout||Web Analytics Certification||MBA Marketing|
4 Key Skills required for being a Digital Marketing Executive
1. IT Aptitudes
- There’s a major contrast between working on a PC leisurely and using the same as a digital marketer.
- So you can be an efficient Digital Marketing Executive if you know the basics of Software, Data Analytics, and Programming.
2. Analytical and Investigative nature
- Analytical ability and investigative nature are two of the most essential qualities for such jobs.
- As a marketing executive, you can’t be hesitant to go for new things and take risks, however; with mindfulness that how this will influence the organization.
- Researching the most recent technologies in the market is one of the most important things a Digital Marketing Executive needs to do.
- Effective analytical skills to take care of issues prefers reading, and have a tendency to investigate situations before making decisions.
- Investigative individuals are independent scholars who are both inquisitive and smart.
3. Good relationship-building abilities
- DM Executives regularly work in a team, so they must be amicable, friendly, and ready to help if needed.
- Having good communication and relationship-building skills is a must.
4. Enterprising Nature
- People with enterprising nature are somebody who has the skills to be successful leaders in their industry.
- They are incredible problem solvers and appreciate sales and management roles.
- They are outgoing, and their capacity to take risks is the reason many projects get the desired results.
Benefits of being a Digital Marketing Executive
- You can efficiently work in any industry you are passionate about and use DM skills to ensure fruitful results.
- You will help construct your brand’s effective online presence with the goal that clients will utilize digital means to pick your business over your rivals.
- An ever-increasing number of purchasers depend online to settle on choices about where to spend their money, so your part will be key to the success of a business.
- The demand for DM Executives is immense as an ever-increasing number of organizations acknowledge they can’t stand without using internet marketing and social media channels.
- There are many jobs accessible if you have the skills and experience
- You can get entry-level digital advertising work regardless of the possibility that you have no experience or not, insofar as you can demonstrate your writing skills, technical knowledge, and passion for internet marketing in your CV.
Working Hours of Digital Marketer: 30-40 Hrs/Week
Just like other office jobs, Digital Marketing Jobs need you to work Monday to Friday from around 9 am to 5 pm.
Nonetheless, some evening and weekend work giving presentations, attending meetings, and networking (either face to face or on social media networks like Facebook and Twitter) may also be part of internet marketing executive jobs.
The Scope of a Career in Digital Marketing
- Digital Marketing Executive
- Digital Marketing Apprentice
- Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Sr. DM Executive
- Head of Digital
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Internet Marketing Manager
- Campaign Manager
- Digital Marketing Executive Salary
Average Salary of a beginner in Digital Marketing
A Digital Marketing Executive may earn between Rs 20,000 to Rs 25000/Month.
Due to the increasing gap between demand and supply of Digital Marketing Executives, a marketer commands a much higher average salary than the other industries.
A graduate with no work experience in the digital industry can expect a monthly salary of Rs 15,000 and a Digital Marketing Executive in a big brand or agency can earn Rs 2.5 Lacs/month.
The Digital Marketing Salary associated with experience and titles earned by Digital Marketing Professionals is given below.
However, this does not take into consideration exceptional educational background professionals such as IIT & IIM pass-outs joining the digital marketing industry.
Kindly note IIT and IIM pass-outs joining the digital marketing industry are exceptions and are not considered in this given chart.
Experienced professionals working in high-growth startups earn more than Rs 1 Crore annual salary as head of digital marketing campaigns.
How can you learn Digital Marketing?
Lots of Digital Marketing Executives need to go to training courses in Digital Marketing to stay aware of the most recent digital advancements.
In the digital world, everything happens so quickly and it is difficult to keep track of all the latest digital marketing trends and related progress.
Digital Marketing Executive Course
We offer CDMM Course- Certified Digital Marketing Master Course for aspiring Digital Marketing Executives to help them ensure success in their Digital Marketing Executive careers.
Digital Vidya Digital Marketing Syllabus –
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM/Google AdWords)
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Web Analytics
- Facebook Marketing
- Integrated Digital Marketing Strategy
- Affiliate Marketing
- Media Planning and Buying
- Becoming a Freelancer in Digital Marketing
- E-Commerce Listing and Marketplace Selling
- Programmatic Marketing
- Adobe Analytics
- Content Marketing
- Lead Sourcing
People today are investing more time online than with TV and all other conventional media channels.
Hence, businesses have to have experts who can entice, engage and convert such users into loyal customers- Digital Marketing Executives do this in the most efficient and result-oriented manner.
Please note, it is not essential that you will always love the products you’re advertising.
However, having the right digital marketing skills and training in Digital Marketing will aid you to optimize the marketing of any product and service with an equal amount of competency.
Have some doubts, or wish to know more about Digital Marketing Executive Education – Ask Us
Digital Marketing Expert?
Download Detailed Brochure and Get Complimentary access to Live Online Demo Class with Industry Expert
1. What is the job of a digital marketer?
An executive is responsible to support the digital marketing team in executing digital marketing campaigns. This may include tasks such as social media, email, or paid advertising.
2. What is a Digital Marketing Executive?
Digital Marketing executives are generally responsible for delivering a unique internet-based marketing strategy to target customers through SEO, social media, email, or by making a viral campaign to create a brand image or help get leads.
3. Is a digital marketing executive a good job?
Digital marketing is a well-paid job. The salary of a digital marketing executive grows with experience and can reach up to INR 8,00,000 to 10,00,000.
4. What job qualification is required for a digital marketing executive?
A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, digital technology, or other relevant fields. Good experience with digital marketing channels and understanding of Search Engine Optimisation, marketing databases, email, and social media marketing.
5. What to include in a digital marketing executive CV?
When creating a CV, it is important to include any relevant experience with digital marketing campaigns, as well as any skills in digital marketing tools and technologies.
Highlight any relevant education, training, or certification in digital marketing.
6. What are the common digital marketing executive interview questions?
Some common questions on digital marketing include:
- Can you describe your experience with digital marketing campaigns?
- What digital marketing tools and technologies are you familiar with?
- How would you measure the success of a digital marketing campaign?
- What do you think is the most important element of a successful digital marketing campaign?
- Do you have any ideas for innovative digital marketing campaigns?
7. Where can you find digital marketing executive jobs for freshers?
There are a number of such jobs for freshers available on job boards and websites such as Indeed, LinkedIn, Monster, and Glassdoor.
Many digital marketing agencies offer internships and entry-level positions for digital marketing executives.
8. What are the key skills required for this job?
Some key skills needed for such a job include excellent communication, project management, and organizational skills.
Digital marketing executives should also be well-versed in digital marketing tools and technologies and Copywriting.